Water Therapy Information
Water is involved in all bodily functions: digestion, assimilation, elimination, respiration, maintaining temperature (homeostasis) integrity and the strength of all bodily structures. Today, the water is polluted with hundreds of toxins and impurities. Authorities only test for a small number of them. Your body, being primarily water, requires sufficient daily water replacement in order to function efficiently. Water treatments, that are aimed to render our drinking water bacteriological safe, have been proven ineffective and the presence of certain pathogenic bacteria like giardia and cryptosporidium recently found in Sydney water is just one of the many examples.
Viewing the effects of individual chemicals, inorganic minerals and their by-products, you can see a link to today’s major diseases. If you drink devitalised, impure water how can you expect vitality and health? Dehydration, due to the offensive taste of the water and the introduction of commercial sugar loaded beverages, has become another contributing factor to disease.
The advice of Dr Batmanghelidj to stop treating thirst with medications holds lots of merit. Mineral water may be wonderful to bathe in, however, the presence of inorganic minerals makes it undesirable. Tap water has been proven unsuitable even for showering7. In an article published in the magazine New Scientist, by Ian Anderson 18/9/86, he writes “Showers pose a risk to health”. Pure water may become the medicine of the future. “Oxygen enriched and free of radioactive and chemical compounds’ may read on the label of our bottle water in the next millennium….
What is Aquatic Therapy?
Aquatic Physical Therapy is rehabilitation that is done in a heated pool of water. Exercise instruction is given by licensed physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, and athletic trainers who are trained in aquatic physical therapy.
Why does Aquatic Physical Therapy work?
- The water provides an environment which minimizes stress to the low back and painful weight bearing joints
- Warm water minimizes pain in arthritic joints
- Weight bearing can begin earlier, decreasing the time it takes to return to your normal activities
- The water provides resistance throughout Range which increases strength and core stability
- Hydrostatic pressure of water can decrease swelling
- The water challenges your balance and enables normal walking pattern
Who can benefit from Aquatic Physical Therapy?
People with arthritis, athletic injuries, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, joint replacement, neck/back pain and orthopedic dysfunction.
The Importance of Water for Human Health
Water is essential to our bodies because it:
- Helps to excrete dangerous toxins in our body which we inhale, consume with food or absorb through our skin or hair, through our tears, saliva and perspiration.
- Protects our joints
- Transports oxygen and nutrients to every cell in our body
- Helps to keep our body temperature constant through hydrotherapy
- Maintains our metabolism
- Prevents dehydration
- Stimulate the immune system
- Maintains the stimulation of blood
- Reduces inflammation
- Lubricate and cleanse cells internally and externally
- Protects parts of the body from shock
- Protects the unborn foetus in the amniotic sac before birth
- Helps to break down essential nutrients to make them accessible to the cells in the body
12-Benefits of Pure Water
1. Water therapy will help you to maintain a glowing healthy skin.
2. The constipation problems will be cured through this therapy in ten days time.
3. You will feel like relieving from the stress and makes you energetic.
4. Water therapy will help you to flush your body and to remove the toxins and wastes.
5. It helps you to lose body weight.
6. The digestion will become proper and will keep you healthy.
7. Water therapy helps to clean the mucosal folds in the colon then the colon can absorb more nutrients from the food taken through out the day and which in turn will be converted in to blood. Pure and fresh blood is essential for the regular and proper functioning of the body.
8. Water therapy found to beneficial for treating high blood pressure and diabetics. Thirty days of water therapy can cure these diseases.
9. If you are having gastric problems then water therapy in no doubt can cure your illness in ten days.
10. Throat diseases, asthma, bronchitis, TB etc can be cured.
11. Body ache, arthritis, headache, fast heart beat, eyes, nose, ear and throat diseases are found to be cured with water therapy.
12. Menstrual disorders can be treated with water therapy.
Just so you know, more activity then more water that drained from the body. For that reason, health experts warn not to drink only when thirsty habits much to drink, whether it is thirsty or not, is a healthy habit!
If studying at an air-conditioned room, it is recommended to drink more because the air is cold and your body become dehydrated faster. Many drinks will also help the skin does not dry quickly. In the room where the temperature does not remain even advisable to get a drink but did not feel thirsty to balance the temperature.
This article is written by Kiran Patil
MIRACLES OF WATER THERAPY
It might sound incredible, but facts cannot be denied. As said by CONFUCIUS early 2500 years back, the health of an organism is tempered wholly by the mechanics of the stomach. As a modern Saint, PARAMHANSA YOGANANDA analysed, that IT IS OVER EATING ON ALL THE 365 DAYS OF A YEAR that leads to and complicates diseases.
Consuming ordinary drinking water by the right method purifies the human body. It renders the colon more effective in forming new fresh blood, known in medical terms as ‘haemotopaises’. That the mucousal folds of colon and intestines are activated by theis method, is an undisputed fact. Just as the theory that new fresh blood is producted by the absorption of the nutrients of the food by the function of the mucousal. If the colon is cleaned then the nutrients of the food taken serveral times in a day will be absorbed and by the action of the mucousal folds, they are turned into fresh blood. This blood is all important in curing ailments and restoring health, and for this, water should be consumed in a regular pattern.
METHOD TO PRACTICE ‘WATER THERAPY’
Every morning, as soon as one gets up, he should drink 1.26kg (1260cc/ml) of water at a stretch, without washing teeth, mouth, face or even eyes (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT). For the next 45 minutes, one SHOULD NOT EAT OR TAKE ANY BEVERAGES. After the Night Dinner (before going to bed), one SHOULD NOT EAT OR DRINK STIMULATING BEVERAGES OR SOFT DRINKS, A youngster who followed this therapy sums up his experience this way “…..After taking water, I urinated three times in one hour and the breakfast later tasted wonderful, The next day too, I drank water and felt that my bowels became free. In three months time, I put on weight. Ever since I took to WATER THERAPY, I never felt sick nor was affected by the COLD or COUGH ……” Where water contains impurities, it should be boiled in the night to be used in the morning.
Now all this triggers the inevitable question: “Can sickly persons drink 1260cc (about 4 steel glasses of 320cc or 2 bottles of syrup) of water at a stretch?” Perhaps no. After drinking maximum quantity of water , one should do “SPOTWALKING”, lie for one minute and then drink the remaining water. Those who are weak to walk should practise abdominal breathing in a sitting or a standing posture and drink the rest of the water. During the first one or two days, one may urinate three to four times within one hour of water intake. However everything will be normal within 3 or 4 days. Persons suffering from ARTHRITIS and RHEUMATISM should practice WATER THERAPY three times a day for one week and therafter once in a day. While following this therapy, one should drink water 2 hours after a meal. One should not consume soft drinks containing poison or snacks or fast food before going to bed. WATER THERAPY is very simple, in-expensive and miraculous in its effects. NO SIDE EFFECTS.
Experience has shown that following diseases were cured by water therapy within the time shown:
1. HYPERTENSION (1 month)2. CONSTIPATION (1/2 days)3. DIABETES (1/2 weeks)4. CANCER (1 month)5. PULMONARY TUBERCULOSIS (3/4 months)
Printed courtesy Mr. R.G. Gangwani for the benefit of citizens.
(courtesy: DECCAN CHRONICLE, 29.09.91)