SAP EHS MANAGEMENT
IMPLEMENT YOUR ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH, AND SAFETY STRATEGIES
Today, environmental, health, and safety (EHS) mandates are numerous and complex:
Manage risk and comply with EHS regulations
– Companies face a growing number of local and national rules and regulations that are becoming more and more complex – resulting in higher compliance
costs and greater business risks. Your company needs to manage the health and safety of employees and contractors, ensure product safety, provide
compliant product design, and handle hazardous materials effectively. You must also achieve 100% compliance at minimal cost, with minimal labor.
Increased importance of corporate responsibility and sustainability
– Public awareness of environment, health, and safety issues and any unsafe condition or product recall is extremely high. Your company wants to be
seen as not only compliant, but also actively managing the risks around your product safety and protecting people. Any failure to manage the EHS issues
can damage your company's reputation and brand value – while successfully managing EHS challenges will position you for growth.
Reduced costs of managing environment, health, and safety risks
– Your company can benefit from an integrated approach to managing risk and compliance issues by implementing standard business processes and
centralizing the collection of EHS data. Operations and processes must become more transparent. Compliance practices and processes must become
harmonized across businesses, regions, and legal entities – which will lead to reduced costs of compliance.
SAP helps you manage these challenges with the following:
Employee health and safety functionality of SAP EHS Management
– Supports management of EHS, industrial hygiene, and occupational health processes – and compliance for product safety, hazardous substances,
dangerous goods, and waste management
Environmental compliance management functionality of SAP EHS Management
– Helps you ensure compliance with environmental laws and policies – and reduce associated costs, efforts, and risks on plant and corporate levels
Product and REACH compliance functionality of SAP EHS Management
– Helps to comply with product and material compliance regulations for all industries and helps to secure your right to market your products
SAP Best Practices for Analytics packages in sustainability
– Enables visibility of environment, health, and safety risks with predefined analytics that rapidly identify exceptions needing corrective actions
SAP Recycling Administration
– Helps you ensure compliance with worldwide recycling legislation for packaging, batteries, and WEEE (waste electrical and electronic equipment)
SAP Business Objects governance, risk, and compliance solutions
– Address regulatory compliance comprehensively; integrate management of operational risks related to environment, health, and safety issues; and
address corporate sustainability initiatives
SAP EHS Management is a comprehensive, integrated application that enables your company to streamline and implement EHS strategies. With a broad range
of capabilities, SAP EHS Management addresses regulatory compliance and helps you identify, manage, and mitigate EHS risks cost effectively by taking
an integrated approach to all aspects of risk and compliance. You can maintain operating licenses, avoid incidents, keep facilities and transportation
safe, and deliver compliant and safe products to customers.
As a foundation for corporate sustainability initiatives, SAP EHS Management helps you overcome the challenges of disconnected systems, regions, and
departments. With SAP EHS Management, you can centralize collection of EHS information and report successfully on the positive impact of your global
EHS strategies. You can demonstrate leadership in the areas of EHS responsibility and sustainability – and enhance your corporate image and brand
|Copyright ©2012 All Rights Reserved Doshti.Com
This material is for training purpose only to inform the reader of occupational safety and
health practice and general compliance requirements.Every effort has been made to ensure complete
and accurate information concerning the material presented in the website and course content.
However doshti.com or its authors cannot be held legally responsible, or liable for any incidental,
indirect, special, or consequential arising out of the course content of the web site or its printing errors.
These pages does not promote any agenda other than the mutual respect of human beings. The provision of a
link in no way endorses the content of any particular website. We believe that exposure to a variety of ideas
and beliefs may help increase understanding and mutual respect among the many tribes and cultures of humanity.
Therefore a variety of viewpoints are represented.